Saturday, April 23, 2011

Flyers - Where to find them Online & Preparing to Shop

Updates to the post are found in red.

Every week I go through the online flyers for the stores where I shop, to see what great deals can be found.  If you are a Safeway sale shopper (this is key - Safeway is the most expensive unless you only buy their sale items) you can find the flyer here.  Superstore - here.  And occasionally Costco will post them here.  As mentioned, I have found Wal-mart to be most expensive, and as of yet, I don't check their online sales. 

Here are the deals I have found this week for my family:

Safeway

Royale Bath Tissue - Double Roll or 24 Roll $5.00 Limit of 6.  Superstore was $9+ and regular price at SF was almost $12. 
Mangoes - 5 for $5
Axe Body Wash for my Hubs - $2.99  Superstore around $5, and regular $5+ at SF. 
Colgate Toothpaste - BOGO This deal applied to all types, even the kids line.

Superstore

Dole Pinnaeples - $0.87 (On sale these are 4/$5 at SF, and usually around $1.25 each at SP).  Obviously others too thought this a great deal.  Large chunk cans were already sold out. 
Listerine - $4.49 (I have a coupon for $3 off.  Paired with the sale I will only pay $1.49).

In order to ensure that the Safeway deals, are in fact deals, I shop first at Superstore and write down the comparitive prices.  For the Bath Tissue, I will also be checking the price of buying the item in bulk at Superstore.  The Safeway deals last until April 28th, so I have some time to figure it all out. 

In the past by shopping this way, I have learned:

  1. Tostitos on sale at Safeway are still $0.03 more per bag than regular price at Superstore.
  2. Eggs are cheapest at Costco costing $0.08 an egg - they are $0.19 & $0.20 cents an egg at Superstore & Wal-mart.
  3. Milk is cheapest at Superstore.
Have a great week shopping!

Today at SF I saved $73 by buying sale items in bulk!

2 comments:

  1. I'm really excited about your blog! I try to look at flyers but I cant' ever get my act together to figure out if anything is actually a good deal or not. I'm hoping I can get some good tips from your hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy hannah Carmen! That was quick! :) Keep it up, this will help MANY people... I will probably send some friends your blogway for help too! :) Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete