Friday, April 29, 2011

Menu Planning How To - Step 2

Yesterday we left off with you having created a list of your families favorite meals.  Since I first made my list back in the winter of 2010, I have kept it on the side of my fridge.  Somewhere easy to find, and not able to get lost.

Here's the second part of the plan.  Write down a list of meals, or types of food, you would like your family to try.  These might end up being total bombs, but you never know unless you try.  By experimenting with new food, my family and I have found new favorites to add to our list. 

For myself this month, I have added on a couple vegetarian options, and a meat dish we don't normally eat (ham).  My hubs loves meat, but I'd like to incorporate a few 'lighter' dishes into our weekly fair as well. 

Here's what I've added in:

Soybeans & Rice
Homebaked beans (& hotdogs/some type of hopefully healthy sausage for the kids)
Ham, potatoes & steamed veggies

You don't want to come up with a whole bunch of ideas and feel lost figuring out how to use them.  Throwing in just a couple curve balls into your family routine is a good place to start.

What new things will you incorporate?

No comments:

Post a Comment