Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Diaper Deal!

When my daughter was born, I used Kirkland (Costco) brand diapers until she was about 18 months.  When she really started moving, I found they didn't fit her as well and switched to Pampers.  With my son, I therefore started right off using Huggies (as I could get them at Costco whereas Pampers you can't).  I also prefer as limited scent as possible to diapers, and find Pampers have a way stronger scent than Huggies.

A box of Huggies diapers on sale at Costco will run you about $38.  A box of size 5 Huggies contains 176 diapers.  As I was doing my shopping at SP on Monday, I noticed their huge display of Pampers and it piqued my curiosity.  I got home and did some math.

The Pampers diapers are on sale at SP, sizes newborn to size 6, for $26.89.  A box of size 5 for comparison purposes, has 136 diapers.

Costco - $0.22 cents per diaper
SP - $0.20 cents per diaper

Now that may seem like a small difference given it's only $0.02. But here is how the big picture works out:

If Costco Huggies diaper were $0.20 cents per diaper, 176 diapers would cost you $34.80.  (Excuse some rounding I didn't post).  You save roughly $4 overall.  I believe the regular price of Costco diapers is $43 a box.  That's almost a savings of $10 if you don't buy them on sale! 

I'm not sure how long the deal is on for at SP, and there is a limit of 4.   The more you buy though, the more you save :)

3 comments:

  1. Love your blog Carmen. I caught the savings at Superstore. My favourite diapers are the so called Green brand by Superstore. $7.99 right now instead of the usual $15.99.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great deal! How many diapers do you get in a package?

    ReplyDelete
  3. 46 in size 4 and 52 in size 3. They work well and don't have any scent. Many of my friends agree.

    ReplyDelete