Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Deals of the Week

I apologize for this post being so late in the week.  For the month of June I've made a few personal changes, one being the cash grocery system I discussed in my last post, and another being that I have signed off of Facebook.  Here's a little secret - I'm really enjoying it.  It's true. It's really nice to not be so plugged in.  For the most part, I don't check my computer unless my littlest is napping, or until the evening when both are in bed.  This frees up so much time to just be during the day.  But I'm digressing.  You came here to see some deals right?  Here they are:

This week I went through the SF, SB's, Coop, Wal-mart & Shoppers Flyers.  I wrote down the items that both looked liked deals, as well as were items my family would use.  Then I hit SP on Sunday and figured out which were actually deals.  Here is what I came up with:

SF:

2L Pop - $1 each (the photo showed Sprite & Gingerale I believe.  I think Cola was excluded).
Minute Maid Frozen Lemonade - $1.  Not a deal.  Regularly $0.99 at SP.
Reese Choc Bars - 2/$1
Toilet Duck Toilet Cleaner - $2  (Great deal. This is over $3 at SP).
Sunlight Dish Detergent 625mL to 950mL. Not a deal.  Regularly $1.98 at SP.

Co-op:

Breathe Right Nasal Strips 30's - $14.99.
Finish Dish Soap - $7.99.  Not a deal.
Alymer Tomatoes (are you seeing a theme.  I've been noticing tomatoes are on sale alot right now).  3/$4.98.  At SP for $1.99 for 19 oz.
Astro 650g Smooth & Fruity Yogourt - 4/$5.  I keep wondering if that was a typo in the flyer.  Seriously?  Awesome deal.

SB:

Chipits Choc Chips 1Kg $7.99 - Not a deal.  Same price at SP.
Kleenex 6 pack - $4.99

SP:

Picked up Rice Cakes for $1.27 and Goldfish Crackers (club size like Costco) for $7.99.

I've decided to run our cash 'weeks' the same as the flyers - Friday til Thursday.  I started it this past weekend, and with just a couple days to go, we are doing great.  Looking forward to reporting back to you all with what we were able to get, and how much we saved!

June is upon us tomorrow - have you made your meal plan?  Would love to hear about what is on your list!

No comments:

Post a Comment