Monday, May 16, 2011

Counting Pennies

I was a bit slow going through this weeks flyers and figuring out the deals.  I finalized my list this morning, and hit the stores with my son after dropping my daughter at pre-school.  Thank goodness he's too little to protest about going to three seperate stores :|

Here's how I typically shop. I look through all the flyers online (there is a list of where to find them on the right sidebar).  I write down what either we need, or what looks like a great deal.  I then take that list and go to Superstore.  I check all the items from the other stores against Superstore prices.  This will solidify if it's truly a deal, or not.  Once I have all that figured out, what are actual deals I will head to the other stores to get.  Here is what I found this week:

Co-op:

Monster Drinks 4 pack.  These usually retail for $10.99 and are on sale for $6.99.  My hubby drinks one a day so I always look for these on sale.

Tostitos 2/$6 or Ruffles (not sure the pricing).  Normally this wouldn't be a deal, as they are currently $2.47 a bag at SP.  However, when I was there this morning, they had a buy 2 and get a dip for free.  There is salsa which retails for just over $2, or ranch dip for just over $5.  If you like ranch dip, then this is an awesome deal!

Safeway:

Windex is on for BOGO.  However, their BOGO price is the same price you can get them for at SP.  No deal here.

Quaker Oats are on for BOGO.  I thought this would be great, but it is just their Quick Cooking Oats for porridge, not the oats you can use in baking.  Too bad.

Lysol BOGO.  There were none on the shelf so I grabbed a Raincheck.  The bathroom cleaner would work out to about $3 a bottle.  SP has the cleaner (the kitchen one) for $3.97.

Honey Nut Cheerios - 2/$8 with a coupon on each box for $5 icecream.  You make $2!

Counting Pennies:

I found this week, that alot of items on sale at Co-op, SF, or SB's were only a penny more expensive on sale, than SP.   Some examples:

Kids bandaids.  On sale at SF, one penny cheaper at SP regular price.
Astro yogourt. 2/$5 at SB's.  At SP for 2.49 each, limit of 4.
Taco Kit (with a free salsa coupon!) - SB's for 3.49, SP for 3.47 regular price.
Mustard - at SB for 1.99 (400ml) and at SP for 1.98 regular price.
Pull-Ups - on sale at SF for 15.99, at SP for 14.99, limit of 2.

What great deals have you found in the stores this week?  Flyer items good until May 19th.

3 comments:

  1. Some great deals there. I got the taco kit from Sobeys. Also they were selling great big boxes of chicken breasts for $4/lb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got home from Co-op and got a free watermelon for buying 5 Kraft products (they had a coupon near the watermelons). I already had 3 items in my cart and didn't find it hard to add 2 more (though how I will keep from eating the whole box of Balsamic Basil Triscuits, I do not know!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Co-op seems to have a few hidden deals this week! That is a much better deal for a watermelon than SP's spend over $200 and get a watermelon - lol.

    ReplyDelete