Friday, May 6, 2011

Deal too good to share

 But not sharing wouldn't really be fair, so I will.

The new flyers for this upcoming week were posted last night (see the right hand side bar for the links).  There are quite a few BOGO at Safeway, and Sobey's is featuring dollar days.

For myself, there weren't many deals this week that grabbed my attention, other than the BOGO of Raisin Bran at SF.   My daughters birthday was yesterday and she was gifted a Leap Frog Tag reading system.  I hit SF this morning to pick her up some batteries (also BOGO) as well as the Raisin Bran.  As I was venturing down the cereal aisle, I noticed Mini Wheats were also BOGO. 

Cereal is one item which I will no longer buy full price.  There seems to always be a good deal on cereal.  Right now, I have 12 boxes stored downstairs.  The other great thing about cereal, is many times, other coupons will be featured on the boxes.

Now, here's the awesome deal.  If you look, the Mini Wheats boxes feature coupons for Minute Maid frozen juice, Eggo Waffles, a couple other items I paid no attention to, and.... Sihouette 0% yogourt.  All these coupons are to receive those items for FREE.

Let's break it down.  The cereal retails for just over $6.  You get two for those price, so say $3 a piece.  Now, if you pick up the Yogourt coupon boxes, yogourt retails for probably over $4.  You are actually making money!  You walk away with an extra $1 or so in your pocket.  Nice!

Now of course, you need to like Mini Wheats, and like Silhouette yogourt (or at least be willing to eat that brand of yogourt).  If you do, then this deal is pretty sweet.

Happy Friday to you!

1 comment:

  1. Something I keep forgetting to tell you, might be useful for those who're pet owners... PetSmart does price matching, on EVERYTHING. If you find something cheaper somewhere else, they may have to phone, but for the most part, they just adjust the price. Thought I'd put in my two cents about that! ;)

    ReplyDelete