Thursday, June 2, 2011

Week 1 Summary

It's Thursday - which means today is the last day of week 1 of my adventure with shopping with a cash budget for groceries.  I'm excited to see that I did it!

Here was my plan:

$85 of 1 my $125 budget went to weekly expenses.  I broke this into five categories.  Milk, Meat (deli meat for my hubs), Eggs, Produce & my hubs Monster Drinks.  The remaining $40 was allocated to purchasing bulk items.

I took a look through the flyers last week and wrote down all the deals.  Previously I would have gone and tried to stock up on them all.  This week, I decided which ones were the most needed for us, and/or which ones were the best deals.  Items that were deals that I scratched off my purchase list were Pop & Tylenol at SF, Tomatoes & Yogourt at Co-op, and Kleenex at SB's.

Here is what I did get:

2 choc bars on sale at SF for $0.50 each.  (Hey, a girl needs her chocolate!)
4 Toilet Duck Toilet bowl cleaners
4 6pack of Monster (on sale at Co-op - this fell into both weekly amounts & bulk amounts).
2 Finish laundry detergents @ SP
2 Lil Ones Yogourts at SP
2 Quaker Rice Cakes
1 30 pack of Breathe Right Nasal Strips

Total savings from the receipts were $38.  This doesn't take into account items I purchased at SP that are already cheaper than buying at the other grocery chains.  Of that $38, $6.5 were coupons - either in-store pad coupons, or ones that were mailed to me.  These were for the Lil Ones Yogourt, Finish laundry detergent & breathe right strips.  We spent around $15 on fresh produce.

Heading into next week I have $14.74 carried over from this week!

Does anyone want/need diaper coupons?  I have some that expire June 10th for Huggies & Lil Swimmers.  Please leave me a note here if this interests you!

No comments:

Post a Comment