Thursday, June 9, 2011

Week 2 Summary

At the end of week 2, having been shopping only using cash, I have to say I am loving it.  And $125 seems like the perfect amount.  We are able to get our weekly essentials (milk, eggs, produce etc.) and still have plenty to use to stock up our storage.  Here's how I spent the bulk portion this week:

SF:

Most of the money was spent at Safeway this week.  They had some great deals, plus the additional 10% off.

I bought the 3 cereals for $12, and received a 4L of milk for free.  This deal was also available at Sobey's, but the cereals were not as well priced, and not ones my family would normally eat.  I picked up 2 boxes of Rice Krispies, and a box of Mini Wheats with the coupon for free Yogourt.  Here's the math - $12-$4 (milk) - $4 (yogourt) = $4 for 3 boxes of cereal - awesome!

I stocked up on Old Dutch Salsa - $1.99 each

Pampers - I bought the 2 Megapacks (92 diapers in my sons size) for $25.  I had two, $2 coupons, and applied those to the purchase.  I got the diapers for $21 before the 10% was taken off.  This worked out to about $0.18 cents per diaper.  Great deal!

Unico Tomatoes - These were $1.33 for 6. 

SP:

Unico Beans - these were on for 4/$5.  I picked up 4 cans.
Tostitos - I picked up two bags at $2 each, plus used a coupon from the storefront tear pad for a free salsa!
Five cans of Tuna at $1 each

Co-op:

I had a $10 gift card from a deal back in April and used it to pick up three boxes of Honey Nut Cheerios for $6.99.

Overall, I spent $92 at SF, and saved $65.  I also saved $5 at SP by paying attention to in-store promotions.

Coming Up:

I usually look at upcoming flyers online, but today picked up a Calgary Herald to see if I prefer them in paper format.  The verdict is still out.  BUT, it looks like Co-op is having some great $10 deals this week, and Sobey's is having their dollar days!  Deals start tomorrow.  Happy shopping everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment