Sunday, July 24, 2011

Downstairs Stash

Are you ready?


That's my basement stash (& my dog Clifford) :)  It works really well given our basement isn't yet developed.  The top shelf was already there, and my husband added the bottom two for me.  It's hard to tell what is on those shelves so I'll explain some of it:

  1. 20 boxes of cereal
  2. 13 cans of diced tomatoes
  3. 5 packages of 24 toilet paper
  4. 12 boxes of kleenex
  5. 9 bottles of laundry soap (all over 40 use each)
  6. 6 bottles of toilet bowl cleaner
  7. 6 bottles of Fantastic cleaner
  8. 2 bottles of ketchup
  9. 4 bottles of mustard (I use it for a Honey Curry Chicken recipe... trust me, we don't use mustard on much else).
In addition to those things there is:

  1. Pasta
  2. Peanut Butter
  3. Salsa
  4. Tostitos
  5. Pop
  6. Tomato Sauce
  7. Paper Towel (I tried couting but gave up.  At least 12 rolls plus a Costco container)
  8. Goldfish
  9. Oatmeal
  10. RedHot Sauce
  11. Tuna
  12. Pizza Sauce
  13. Crackers - alot of Crackers.  Probably as many as the cereal. 
  14. Swiffer mop refills.
  15. Laundry stain remover.
  16. Windex
  17. Rice
  18. Annie's Noodles
  19. Ok, this list could keep getting longer, I keep seeing more things - lol.
None of these items were free (unless it was a BOGO), but they were all cheap, cheap, cheap, and almost all of them were purchased with coupons.  Part of the reason for the amount of cereal, is twofold.  Cereal is expensive so it's great to buy it when it's cheap, and cereal boxes also have coupons on them.  It's a bonus when you can get cereal cheap & with coupons!  Some of the coupons on the boxes I have downstairs are for free yogourt, Glad products, and Icecream.

The stash downstairs does not show items that I keep upstairs, such as other bathroom cleaners, shampoo, conditioners, toothpaste and body wash. 

I'm really proud of our wall of food & cleaning items.  It's nice to know that we could go a few weeks without needing to get more than produce and refrigerated items, and be more than alright.  It's like having our own mini little grocery store right at our fingertips.

Does it convince you to create a stash of your own?

1 comment:

  1. When I first saw the shelving, I thought it was a child's bedroom and they were books and toys... Boy do I need glasses!

    ReplyDelete