Thursday, July 21, 2011

There comes a time

When you have been shopping only with deals, that you no longer need to buy groceries.  My flyers FINALLY arrived on my doorstep this morning.  It took four weeks of calling Flyer Force and asking for them.  I sat down and looked through them, and NOTHING jumped out at me.  I could take advantage of getting sme ice cream for free (Nestle on sale at Sobey's, with a $5 off any brand ice cream cereal coupon), and I could pick up some more Christie Crackers (such as Triscuit's) for $2, but none of it is needed.  Our stockpile is sufficient.

When I first started using on cash, and the limit of $125 a week, we needed that limit.  Our stockpile was still growing, and it took that much per week to grow it/maintain it.  But I've been noticing more and more, that that money has allowed me to buy frivolous items.  Last week I picked up a foldable chair for each of my kids for $5 a piece at London Drugs.  And I picked up the boxes of 6 packets of Real Fruit Mini's for $1 a box at Wal-mart.  Items that are needed?  No, not really.  Nice?  Sure.  But, it didn't surprise me this morning when I realized I need to pick up nothing this week other than produce and milk.  Looks like this will be a $40 grocery week. 

Guess it's time to trim down that $120 budget a bit.  Maybe bring it down to $100 or even crazier $80?

If you are out there, and still reading this, would you like to see my stockpile?  I'd be happy to show you!  Post back and let me know :)

4 comments:

  1. I'd love to see your stockpile!! Does it compare to those on 'Extreme Couponing?' lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I'm not that crazy - lol. Glad someone is still coming here! Will post a photo up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to see the stockpile too!! Once we finish the basement I'm looking forward to building an extra pantry down there so I can create a little stockpile of my own.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd like to see too. Then can you start looking at flyers and deals for my family. LOL! Still enjoy checking this place.

    ReplyDelete