Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Still here, Still saving!

I've been away from this space, but have still been busy learning this new art of saving.  Here are some of the new to me things I'm doing:

  • Hounding Flyer Force to deliver flyers to my doorstep.  I've been having to buy the Herald every Thursday to access a paper copy of the grocery store flyers.  I'm hoping that this week will be my lucky week and flyers will arrive free on my doorstep.  (If you don't get flyers, call Flyer Force - they are friendly and perhaps they can set you up!).
  • Using these Flyers at stores to price match.  Similar to coupons, the first time I asked for a price match, it felt a little bit like "really, you are going to do this?".  But, if it is just one item I need from a different store, so much easier to get it while I'm shopping where I'm getting the majority of my other groceries.  Just make sure it is the exact same item - weight/size, brand etc.
  • Trading coupons!  Through SmartCanucks, I have done my first successful coupon trade with a couple ladies in Ontario.  A great way to get rid of coupons you aren't going to use, and get ones you will.
  • Still shopping with just cash.  The $125 was a great weekly amount for my family, but was hard to take out of the bank machine so I've reduced it down to $120 for the month of July.
Have you started changing your shopping habits?  Any great tips to pass along?

1 comment:

  1. It's too bad, it seems as though you have stopped posting. I just realized the dates on these posts as I was about to comment. Hope that you have been able to find flipp the new app that collects all the flyers for you digitally on your phone, as well as using a credit card (instead of cash) that has cash back no annual fee or even a points card. All of these would help with extra savings and the environment. Hope your still saving years later :)

    ReplyDelete